Lindsey Cheek is an experienced and gifted lawyer with a wide range of experience representing and litigating on behalf of Plaintiff’s in asbestos, mass-tort and toxic-tort litigation. Prior to opening The Cheek Law Firm LLC in 2015, Ms. Cheek garnered a broad range of trial experience while working for the Harris County District Attorney's Office. She then further enhanced those skills while working for several years at the Lanier Law Firm in Houston, Texas, which is a nationally recognized Plaintiff’s litigation firm. While at Lanier Law Firm, she honed her litigation and trial skills in the realms of toxic tort, mass tort, pharmaceutical/product liability, and asbestos litigation. Working in these trial-centric environments has given her a broad and dynamic legal perspective.
Ms. Cheek has extensive experience in complex litigation nationwide, and in Louisiana. Because of her specialized expertise in asbestos, ovarian cancer, talc, and toxic/mass tort litigation, she is frequently retained as local counsel by prestigious national plaintiff’s firms as their local trial/litigation counsel in Louisiana. Additionally, throughout the course of her career, Lindsey has tried several cases to verdict, and has recovered more than fifty (50) million dollars in settlements on behalf of her clients.
Her current practice is located in New Orleans, Louisiana, but she has also litigated extensively in numerous other jurisdictions, including Texas, Mississippi, Florida, California, West Virginia, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Utah, Washington, Illinois, Puerto Rico, and South Carolina.
Ms. Cheek is an active member of the American Bar Association, Association of Women Attorneys, the State Bar of Texas, the State Bar of Louisiana, the State Bar of Pennsylvania, the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, the Tulane Inns of Court, the American Association for Justice, and the Louisiana Association for Justice. Ms. Cheek currently mentors law students, and is on the faculty of Tulane Law School's Trial Advocacy Program. She has had articles published in numerous prestigious journals, and is frequently asked to speak at National conferences on trial techniques and mass/toxic tort litigation. In 2017 and 2018, Ms. Cheek was named one of the “Top 10 Under 40 Attorney in Personal Injury Litigation” in Louisiana by the National Association of Personal Injury Attorneys. In 2017 and 2018, she was also named as one of the “Top 40 Under 40” in Louisiana by the National Trial Lawyers Association. In 2018, she was named as one of the “10 Best Attorneys” in Louisiana by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys.
- 2017 & 2018 ‘Top 10 Under 40 Attorney for Personal Injury’ in Louisiana by the National Association of Personal Injury Attorneys
- 2017 & 2018 ‘Top 40 Under 40’ in Louisiana by the National Trial Lawyers Association
- 2018 "Personal Injury '10 Best Attorneys'" in Louisiana by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys
- Invited Speaker – May 2018 Complex Litigation Symposium in Chicago
- Invited Speaker – April 2018 Harris Martin's Talcum Powder Litigation Conference in Laguna Niguel, CA, 'Update on Louisiana Talcum Powder Litigation'
- Invited Speaker – Tulane Law School; Guest Lecturer with Richard J. Arsenault: April 2018 'Cause Lawyering: From the Plaintiff's Perspective'
- Invited Speaker – January 2018 Louisiana Bar Association Mid-Year Meeting & CLE, in Baton Rouge, LA, 'How to Win at Trial; Hint: PreTrual Prep is Key!'
- Invited speaker at the 2017 National Perrin Conference: Trends in Asbestos Litigation, in Beverly Hills, CA, and presented on the topic of ‘Louisiana Jurisdictional Updates.’
- Invited speaker at the 2016 National Perrin Conference: Trends in Asbestos Litigation in Beverly Hills, CA on the topic of ‘Women in Business.’