Lindsey Cheek has a wide range of experience representing and litigating on behalf of Plaintiff’s in asbestos, mass-tort, and toxic-tort litigation. Prior to opening The Cheek Law Firm LLC in 2015, Ms. Cheek garnered a broad range of trial experience while working for the Harris County District Attorney's Office. She then further enhanced those skills while working for several years at the Lanier Law Firm in Houston, Texas, which is a nationally recognized Plaintiff’s litigation firm. While at Lanier Law Firm, she honed her litigation and trial skills in the realms of toxic tort, mass tort, pharmaceutical/product liability, and asbestos litigation. Working in these trial-centric environments has given her a broad and dynamic legal perspective.
Ms. Cheek has extensive experience in complex litigation nationwide, and in Louisiana. Because of her specialized expertise in asbestos, ovarian cancer, talc, and toxic/mass tort litigation, she is frequently retained as local counsel by prestigious national plaintiff’s firms as their local trial/litigation counsel in Louisiana. Additionally, throughout the course of her career, Lindsey has tried several cases to verdict, and has recovered more than fifty (50) million dollars in settlements on behalf of her clients.
Her current practice is located in New Orleans, Louisiana, but she has also litigated extensively in numerous other jurisdictions, including Texas, Mississippi, Florida, California, West Virginia, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Utah, Washington, Illinois, Puerto Rico, and South Carolina.
Ms. Cheek is an active member of the American Bar Association, Association of Women Attorneys, the State Bar of Texas, the State Bar of Louisiana, the State Bar of Pennsylvania, the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, the Tulane Inns of Court, the American Association for Justice, and the Louisiana Association for Justice. Ms. Cheek currently mentors law students, and is on the faculty of Tulane Law School's Trial Advocacy Program. She has had articles published in numerous prestigious journals, and is frequently asked to speak at National conferences on trial techniques and mass/toxic tort litigation. In 2017 and 2018, Ms. Cheek was named one of the “Top 10 Under 40 Attorney in Personal Injury Litigation” in Louisiana by the National Association of Personal Injury Attorneys. In 2017 and 2018, she was also named as one of the “Top 40 Under 40” in Louisiana by the National Trial Lawyers Association. In 2018, she was named as one of the “10 Best Attorneys” in Louisiana by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys. Additionally, she was recently selected by Super Lawyers as a 2019 Rising Star in Louisiana for Products Liability Litigation for the Plaintiff for 2019.
- 2017 – 2019: “Top 10 Under 40 Attorney for Personal Injury” in Louisiana by the National Association of Personal Injury Attorneys
- 2017 – 2019: “Top 40 Under 40 – Louisiana” by the National Trial Lawyers Association
- 2019 – 2020: Super Lawyers - Rising Star in Louisiana for Products Liability Litigation for the Plaintiff
- 2019: “10 Best Female Attorneys in Louisiana” by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys
- 2019: “10 Best Law Firms in Louisiana – The Cheek Law Firm LLC” by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys
- 2018: “10 Best Attorneys in Louisiana” by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys
Community Involvement & Causes Supported:
- Board of Governors, Louisiana Association of Justice (2020-2021)
- Adjunct Faculty Professor of Trial Advocacy at Tulane Law School (2015-2020)
- Fleur de Lis Member, New Orleans Bar Association (2020)
- Tulane Inns of Court Member (2016-2020)
- Federal Judiciary Committee, Liaison for the State of Louisiana, American Association for Justice (2020)
- St Augustine High School, The Cheek Law Firm $25,000 Scholarship and Emergency Relief Fund (2020)
- Presidential Sponsor, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Man/Woman of the Year (2019-2020)
- Women of PALS - Premier law firm sponsor (2019-2020)
- Women en Mass - law firm sponsor (2019-2020)
- Association of Women Trial Lawyers, Premier law firm sponsor (2019-2020)
Invited Speaking Engagements:
- March 2020 - National Perrin Conference-Cutting Edge Issues in Asbestos Litigation, Beverly Hills, CA:- Diversity in the Courtroom; and Talc Litigation Update
- February 2020 - AAJ’s National Convention, New Orleans, LA: Women’s Trial Lawyer Caucus Leadership Summit - Owning the Firm
- February 2020 - Southern Trial Lawyers Association Annual Mardi Gras Conference - Talcum Powder Litigation Update
- November 2019 - 19th Annual Complex Litigation Symposium, New Orleans, LA: 'Managing MDLs and Mass Torts with the Assistance of Special Masters'
- September 2019 - Perrin Asbestos Litigation Conference: A National Overview and Outlook, in San Francisco, CA: 'National Legal Decisions Directly Impacting Asbestos Litigation – Personal Jurisdiction'
- September 2019 - Alliance of Women Trial Lawyers, New Orleans, LA: 'Judicial Panel Moderator – Views from the Bench'
- September 2019 - Louisiana State Bar Association’s 16th Annual Admiralty Symposium, New Orleans, LA: 'Maritime exposure to asbestos after Devries'
- May 2019 - Harris Martin’s Critical developments in Mass Torts, Multidistrict Litigation, and Game‐changing Jurisprudence Conference, New Orleans, LA: 'Talc Ovarian Cancer / Mesothelioma Litigation'
- May 2019 - Plaintiff’s Asbestos Litigation Seminar-Women of PALS, Las Vegas, NV: 'Generating Cases and Owning a Business'
- March 2019 - Harris Martin’s MDL Conference, Washington D.C.: 'An Analysis of Today’s Mass-Tort Landscape'
- March 2019 - Louisiana State Bar Association Multi-Topic CLE, Quebec, Canada: 'Bet the Company' Mass Torts ... Navigating Game-Changing Dynamics from Electronic Discovery through Exit Strategies'
- March 2019 - National Perrin Conference-Cutting Edge Issues in Asbestos Litigation, Beverly Hills, CA: 'Talc: Evaluating the Key Legal and Strategic Issues'
- January 2019 - HarrisMartin's MDL Conference: The Significance of Proposed Rule Changes in MDL Procedures & Valsartan Agenda, Miami, FL: 'PPI, Talcum Powder, Hip Implants & Gadolinium'
- January 2019 - Louisiana State Bar Association’s Mid-Year Meeting, How to Win At Trial - Hint: Pre-Trial Prep is the Key’
- December 2018 - Louisiana State Bar Association’s ‘Last Minute CLE – ‘Personal Jurisdiction and how it has affected mass/toxic tort litigation in Louisiana’
- November 2018 - Harris Martin's MDL Conference, New York, NY: Current Mass Torts from E-Discovery Through Exit Strategies - Navigating “Game-Changing” Dynamics
- October 2018 - Alliance for Women Trial Lawyers, New Orleans, LA: ‘The Imposter Syndrome’
- September 2018 - Harris Martin’s MDL Conference: The Mass Tort Litigation Landscape – A Critical Analysis, Napa, CA: ‘Asbestos and Mesothelioma: National Litigation Update’
- May 2018 - Harris Martin’s ‘Bet The Company’ Mass Tort Litigation Conference, in Chicago, IL: Talcum Powder Litigation: Evolving Asbestos Developments’
- April 2018 - Harris Martin's Talcum Powder Litigation Conference, in Laguna Niguel, CA: 'Update on Louisiana Talcum Powder Litigation'
- April 2018 - Tulane Law School; Guest Lecturer with Richard J. Arsenault, New Orleans, LA: 'Cause Lawyering: From the Plaintiff's Perspective'
- January 2018 - Louisiana Bar Association Mid-Year Meeting & CLE, Baton Rouge, LA: 'How to Win at Trial; Hint: Pre-Trial Prep is Key!'
- September 2017 - Perrin Asbestos Litigation Conference: A National Overview and Outlook, San Francisco, CA: ‘Trial Techniques – The Reptile’
- May 2017 - National Perrin Conference: Trends in Asbestos Litigation, Beverly Hills, CA: ‘Louisiana Jurisdictional Updates.’
- March 2016 - National Perrin Conference: Trends in Asbestos Litigation, Beverly Hills, CA: ‘Women in Business.’